Natick Education Foundation is pleased to announce the winners of the Fall 2016 Grant Cycle. Applications were due on October 15th and proposals were reviewed by the 12-person Grant Committee, which welcomed several new community members this year. NEF is funding total of $33,926.75 to support Natick Public School projects including a special $10,000 Cognex Corporation STEM grant that will go toward the development of an aquaponics lab at the Natick High School.
This year’s projects include:
- STEM in the Preschool Block Corner: Using Blocks to Develop 21st Century Skills at the Natick Preschool/Brown Elementary submitted by Maureen Morrissey
- Movement in a 1:1 World at Kennedy Middle School submitted by Danielle Martinkus
- BreakoutEDU: Escape Room Style Learning at Kennedy Middle School submitted by Christine Dion
- Prioritize, Organize, and Digitize: Building a Literacy Collection for Our 21st Century Readers at Memorial Elementary School submitted by Elizabeth Brothers
- Imagination Playground at Johnson Elementary submitted by Amanda Hsiao
- Improving fitness and wellness through visual displays at Lilja Elementary submitted by Gary DeMayo
- Digging to Deeper Learning – Memorial Garden Classroom at Memorial Elementary School submitted by Elizabeth Kenney
- Third Grade Maker Space at Ben-Hem Elementary School submitted by Sarah Dahlheimer
Congratulations to the teachers, administrators, staff and parents who proposed these projects! We look forward to sharing more information as projects are implemented.